Sunday, May 3, 2009

Is it the flu or Swine Flu?


As I lay in bed with the over whelming urge just to stay there and be a lump in the middle of the bed! The last four days I have been plagued by a headache, sore throat, congestion, coughing, sneezing, asthma issues due to the congestion. Oh and the hair!! I am suffering from some serious bed head and my head hurts too much to even think about brushing it…not that would make any difference. I don’t have the strength to get into the shower and wash it. Right now the only time I emerge from the pod status is to go to the bathroom or to heat and consume a “dinner-in-a-box” that my freezer is stocked full of since the surgery.

Although I am dedicated to getting my annual flu shot I still lay there and wonder if there was a component of the swine flu in that shot. With the news full of the rapidly spreading epidemic I lay there and just hope that I have been vaccinated enough to not be getting the swine flu. I have been bothered by my susceptibility to get most anything that seems to be going around that I have been vaccinated against whooping cough, pneumonia, as well as hepatitis A/B. Pretty much if there is a vaccine out there I have been vaccinated with it! I am not taking any chances! And still here I am home sick!

Well I have had two cups of tea, some toast, and of course the hand full of my regular medications, and read my favorite blogs and updated my own blog and now I am ready to return to the pod position in the middle of my bed with the trusty TV remote in my hand. So now I am padding off to the world of my videos and sleep.

No comments: